This form is archived. Please use this form to join us.
The Society currently has about 550 members in 24 countries, including prominent museums and institutions. Individual members include collectors of Japanese art, art dealers, individuals with a general interest in Japanese art, and academics specialising in various aspects of Japanese art.
- at least two issues per year of our English-language journal Andon (ISSN 0168-2997)
- free access to our on-line back issues archive via membership login
- regular email Newsletter
- through our website and various social media accounts, the SJA reaches out to members all over the world, not only to provide information, but also to create an incentive for interaction and dialogue
- SJA members are cordially invited to participate in all lectures, workshops and conferences organised and/or hosted by the SJA
- SJA members are entitled to a special 25% discount on all Hotei Publishing titles, volumes from the Japanse Visual Culture and Photography in Asia book series, and a selection of non-series titles on Japanese art published by Brill Publishers
Membership fees (per annum)
Netherlands: € 65
Outside Netherlands: € 75
Student membership: € 35*
*In order to obtain a student membership, a scan of a recent student ID is required. Please contact the secretary.
Invoices for membership fees are sent electronically at the beginning of each year, with guide lines for payment. Please note that membership is valid for one year, but will be automatically renewed unless a request for termination is received before December 31st. For termination of membership, please contact the secretary.